Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Got the Micro Aquarium


When first inquiring our aquarium. We had the process of putting it together, and decorating our aquarium.
I
Assembly required, snapping together the glass pieces, removing the blue paste and filling it with pond water. The pond water being from:
The water I used was from containing 2: 

2. French Broad River, Seven Islands Wildlife Refuge
Botany 111 Fall 2012 (Blog). Watersource: 11. Fountain City Duck Pond (cited 2012 October 20). Available from: http://botany1112012.blogspot.com/

>>  French Broad River, Seven Islands Wildlife Refuge, Kelly Lane , Knox Co. Tennessee. Partial shade exposure French Broad River Water Shed N35 56.742 W83 41.628 841 ft 10/9/2011 Cladophora sp. alga in family Cladophoraceae
The plants in our container were:
 Plant A . Amblestegium sp. Moss. Collection from: Natural spring. at Carters Mill Park, Carter Mill Road, Knox Co. TN. Partial shade exposure. N36 01.168 W83 42.832. 10/9/2011

Plant B. Utricularia gibba L. Flowering plant. A carnivous plant. Original material from south shore of Spain Lake (N 35o55 12.35" W088o20' 47.00), Camp Bella Air Rd. East of Sparta Tn. in White Co. and grown in water tanks outside of greenhouse at Hesler Biology Building. The University of Tennessee. Knox Co. Knoxville TN. 
Once done decorated my aquarium I put my initials with color coded sticker.

Overveiw

This was much easier than trying to get the tiny plants into the aquarium. that was a HUUGEE hassle. I am not an interior aquarium decorate. A career path not in my immediate future. After we finished with all of this we got to inspect our little aquariums. and it took awhile for me to be able to see anything at all.
In-fact, I saw nothing until a little organism of some kind zoomed right in front of me. With his help I saw a larger organism floating about, and another zooming organism. But these three were about all the life I could find. With these last bits of discovery I turned in my aquarium and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment